The last thing anyone wants to think about before the holiday feast is staying healthy. Certainly, the holidays are a time for enjoying food, family, and friends without too much thought to how your body is going to react to it all the morning after. Still, why not show your body the love it deserves in between Holidays this season as well?
Raw foods are an excellent choice when trying to detox. Raw foods give more energy, are jam-packed with nutrition, and are recommended by experts and popular outlets alike. The only question is, where do you start?
Right here is a good choice! We’ve put together a list of fifteen delicious raw food recipes for your post-Thanksgiving, pre-Xmas detox, courtesy of the Food Monster App!
1. Kelp Noodle Chili Salad
Source: Kelp Noodle Chili Salad
Kelp Noodle Chili Salad by Nikki Stokes is a quick, easy and delicious way to start using kelp noodles. It takes barely 10 minutes to pull together, and you can soak any remaining “sea” taste out of your kelp noodles while you chop your veggies, so it’s efficient as well.
2. Carrot Ginger Soup with Curried Raisin Relish
Nikki and Zuzana‘s Carrot Ginger Soup with Curried Raisin Relish is vegan, gluten-free, and suitable for those following a plant-based as well as raw vegan diet and of course, anyone who just wants to eat more healthily. The combination of carrots and ginger creates a comforting combination in this satisfying soup – just the right treat during a cool fall season.
Gratitude: Plant-Based Thanksgiving Cookbook
No other holiday captures the spirit of home cooking the way Thanksgiving does. This is why you need the ultimate Thanksgiving cookbook, One Green Planet’s Gratitude: Plant-Based Recipes to Create Your Own Thanksgiving Tradition! In the cookbook, you’ll find our 100 most popular plant-based Thanksgiving recipes like Soft Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts, Spiced Apple Cake with Cashew Frosting, Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding with Nut Crumble Topping, Cinnamon Apple Hand Pies, and hearty entrees like Roast Root Vegetable Stack With Dukkah, Vegducken: Butternut Squash Stuffed With Eggplant, Zucchini, and a Mushroom Lentil Stuffing, and Seitan Roast With Sausage and Pear Stuffing and Apple Cider Gravy and so much more!
3. Creamy Beetroot and Avocado Soup
Source: Creamy Beetroot and Avocado Soup
Olivia Budgen‘s vibrant Creamy Beetroot and Avocado Soup is naturally silky, creamy, and extremely fulfilling and satisfying. The deep rich color represents the high content of antioxidants that the beetroot contains. This dish is raw which means that all these antioxidants (along with the enzymes, vitamins, and minerals) haven’t been destroyed by heat and your body will be able to efficiently recognize, absorb, and utilize them.
4. Healthy ‘Raffaello’ (Coconut-Almond Truffles)
Lucie Javorska‘s Healthy ‘Raffaello’ (Coconut-Almond Truffles) are made of wholesome, natural ingredients and will get you hooked before you can say “coconut.” The almonds wrapped in soft, creamy, and sweet coconut “dough” are crazy addictive!
5. Banana Bread Energy Bar
Source: Banana Bread Energy Bar
6. Raw Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Source: Raw Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
These Raw Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes by Olivia Budgen make a perfect and healthy side dish to dollop onto your plate of fresh food. Enjoy them at your holiday festivities, or at any other time cause they’re just that good!
Source: Enchiladas With Chunky Salsa
You won’t believe Emily von Euw‘s Enchiladas With Chunky Salsa is raw and vegan. A salsa and walnut taco meat, spiced with cumin, and coriander, is wrapped up in tomato-corn tortillas and covered in a creamy cashew cheese sauce.
Source: Raw Zucchini Pasta
Pasta lovers will be impressed with Rachael Campbell‘s refreshing Raw Zucchini Pasta. Prepare noodles by cutting zucchini julienne style or spiralized. Then, make a creamy, non-dairy sauce using avocado and cucumber.
This Zucchini Lasagna With Sun-Dried Tomatoes is so artsy and colorful! This is a classic raw food staple; every raw food chef has a version of this recipe. By Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips For A Healthy Life.
Whether you eat Rachael Campbell‘s Raw Lasagna With Cashew Cheese and Pesto flat or as a rollatini, it is sure to be a crowd favorite. The layers you see include a simple cashew cheese with garlic, rosemary, and lemon and then a “pesto” of sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli.
11. Raspberry Macadamia Coconut Chia Pudding
Anett Velsberg‘s Raspberry Macadamia Coconut Chia Pudding is so beautiful and so yummy, you won’t even think about how healthy it is. Coconut chia pudding is layered with creamy macadamia butter, raspberry purée, and fresh berries. This decadent breakfast is sweet, a little tangy, creamy, and refreshing. This may be ideal for breakfast, but it also makes a great afternoon or midnight snack for when you’re craving something sweet.
12. Sweet and Sour Cucumber Carrot Noodles
Diana Johnson‘s vibrant Sweet and Sour Cucumber Carrot Noodle Bowl looks gorgeous and tastes even better. The noodle base is filling, with great crunch and texture and the chickpeas add a meaty texture. A drizzle of a homemade sweet and sour dressing adds another layer of flavor. This refreshing dish is perfect for the transition from cool weather to warmer days.
13. Raw Zucchini Pad Thai
Source: Raw Zucchini Pad Thai
Spiralized carrots and zucchinis make the perfect noodles in Chantelle Zakariasen‘s Raw Zucchini Pad Thai. The zucchini is soft, the carrots have just a little bit of bite to them, and it’s all topped with a creamy, spicy sauce that you’ll want to put on everything. This is a light, flavorful meal that’s great for lunch or a light dinner.
14. Black-Eyed Pea Collard Wraps with Pickled Vegetables and Ginger Peanut Sauce
Erin Beccia‘s Black-Eyed Pea Collard Wraps with Pickled Vegetables and Ginger Peanut Sauce are perfect for lunch or a light dinner. Colorful pickled vegetables and black-eyed peas are wrapped in dark green collard leaves for a meal that will catch everyone’s eye. Pickling the vegetables adds tanginess, but it’s not necessary — the wraps are amazing as they are, too.
15. Walnut Taco “Meat”
Source: Walnut Taco Meat
Process some soaked walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, a chunk of onion, a little cumin, and a clove of garlic until well combined but chunky. Use it on a bed of lettuce and veggies to create a raw vegan taco salad from Christa Clark‘s Walnut Taco Meat roll it up in chard leaves and top the rolls with homemade vegan sour cream to make rich and filling enchiladas. This mixture is also delicious stuffed inside mushrooms and dehydrated for an hour or two.
Still can’t get enough smoothies? Check out 5 Different Ways to Get Started with Raw Foods! If you’d like to have the recipe close by while you’re blending yourself a yummy smoothie, you can – just download the Food Monster App. All of these recipes are there, including other breakfast recipes, like these Amazing Vegan Breakfast Recipes That You’ll Want to Wake Up Early For!
- How to Transition to More Raw Foods This Summer
- 3 Raw Food Recipes With Nutritional Yeast [Vegan]
- 15 Raw Food Recipes for Your Post-Thanksgiving Cleanse
- Top Mistakes Raw Food Newbies Make and What to Do Instead
- 15 Amazing Spring Raw Food Recipes
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental well-being, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App, which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.