These raw vegan banana bread energy bars taste like heaven and really boost your energy levels!
Banana Bread Energy Bar [Vegan, Raw]
- 1/2 cup fresh banana, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, soaked for 12 hours and dehydrated until crisp + ground into a meal
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla-extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- Large pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 8 to 9 tablespoons popped buckwheat
- Combine banana, dates, almond meal, lemon juice, vanilla-extract, salt, and cinnamon in the food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until well combined.
- Add the popped buckwheat (save it for last to maintain its crunchy texture) and process again. The mixture should be sticky and firm.
- Put the mixture in a serving dish lined with plastic foil and shape into bars. Place the serving dish in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Or, you can roll the mixture into small energy balls.
For the popped buckwheat: soak raw buckwheat groats for 12 hours, sprout them for 12 to 24 hours (optional) & dehydrate them until crisp.