This vibrant veggie noodle bowl looks gorgeous and tastes even better. The noodle base is filling, with great crunch and texture and the chickpeas add a meaty texture. A drizzle of homemade sweet and sour dressing adds another layer of flavor. This refreshing dish is perfect for the transition from cool weather to warmer days.
Sweet and Sour Cucumber Carrot Noodles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Noodles:
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 green pepper, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, make long noodle shapes from the cucumber and carrots.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and chop the green pepper into small pieces.
- Place all the noodle bowl ingredients in a bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until everything is covered and sprinkle with sesame seeds.