These colorful pickled vegetables and black-eyed peas wrapped in a dark green collard leaf make a meal that'll catch everyone's eye. Pickling the vegetables adds tanginess, but it's not necessary — the wraps are amazing as they are, too. They're also perfect as a make-ahead light lunch that's light and flavorful.
Black-Eyed Pea Collard Wraps With Pickled Vegetables and Ginger-Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Raw]
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- A couple dashes of sriracha
- Salt, to taste
- For the sauce, combine all of the ingredients, in a small bowl. Whisk to combine, making sure to smooth out any lumps from the peanut butter.
- Trim the center stem lengthwise so that the collard will be easier to wrap. Spread a spoonful of the peanut sauce on inner side of the leaf and then layer on the carrots, beets, and black-eyed peas.
- To wrap, fold in the sides of the leaf and roll up the leaf like you would with a normal burrito. Hold your wraps together with twine or a toothpick.