A creamy and comforting bowl of oatmeal, mixed with grated zucchini. This zucchini oatmeal tastes like zucchini bread in a bowl. Serve with chopped walnuts, raisins or other toppings of choice. Zucchini oatmeal is made just like any other plain oatmeal. You just add the zucchini along with the oats, milk, chia seeds, dates and spices to a saucepan. Let it all boil, then simmer until thick and creamy. It takes less than 10 minutes. So delicious and cozy––you'll love this bowl of oats!
Creamy Zucchini Bread Oatmeal [Vegan]
For the Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup zucchini, lightly packed
- 2 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2-3 large Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Pinch nutmeg (optional)
For the Toppings (optional):
- Add the oats, zucchini, chia seeds, milk and dates to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir together and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer uncovered for 5-10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the oats are your desired consistency.
- Serve with toppings of choice.