Sometimes, you can't go out and buy some vegan butter, or you can't find a yummy-tasting perfect one for your crusty bread or croissant! This butter is so easy to make, and you can use it in baking or on toast. It melts perfectly and is a great substitute for store-bought products. As an added bonus, you’re getting rid of all the added nasties that shop versions have, as well as getting rid of palm oil. Wins all around.
Homemade Butter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Homemade Butter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup water
- 5.6 ounces raw cashews
- 1 cup refined coconut oil, melted (it is important to use refined and not unrefined to avoid a strong coconut flavor)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy lecithin granules
- 1 teaspoon salt (don't add if using the butter for vegan croissants)
How to Prepare Homemade Butter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into silicone mould (or old butter tub) and leave to harden in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.