There's nothing better than the smell of cinnamon raisin toast in the morning and with this recipe, you can start every day out that way. This bread is the perfect weight and has a nice blend of cinnamon and sweet and toasts like a dream. The only problem will be saving some for breakfast.
Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Coconut Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Make flax eggs (1 tablespoon flax seed plus 3 tablespoons warm water) place in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Make the swirl filling in small bowl and set it aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar and then mix in coconut yogurt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients into wet.
- Spread half and the batter into prepared bread pan.
- Spread half of the cinnamon, sugar raisin mixture on top do not stir.
- Spread the remaining half of batter on top.
- Top with remaining cinnamon sugar raisin mixture.
- Wet a butter knife insert into the top of the uncooked loaf, and gently swirl.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. then rotate the pan and bake another 20 minutes, until top is golden and a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Let it cool 15 minutes and then transfer it to a cooling rack.