Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Skip the store and make one of these plant-based milk recipes at home! All of these recipes go so far above and beyond just plain soy milk (but if you’re into that, check out how to make Homemade Soy Milk here).
1. Homemade Golden Flax Seed Milk
This Homemade Golden Flax Seed Milk is super unique and flavorful! The dates and vanilla add sweetness to the recipe that I would not recommend skipping. Cinnamon is completely optional, the flax milk tastes great without it, but if you’re a big fan of cinnamon for its extra nutrients and flavor, go ahead and give it a try.
2. Turmeric Peppercorn Wellness Milk
This Turmeric Peppercorn Wellness Milk is super healthy! It’s free of dairy and refined sweeteners and is just loaded with antioxidants, beneficial nutrients, and immune system boosters.
3. Thandai: Instant Masala Milk
This Thandai: Instant Masala Milk is amazing! Thandai is a cool and refreshing drink made with dried nuts, seeds, and flavorful spices.
4. Sesame Seed Milk
This Sesame Seed Milk has unique ingredients! It is sweetened with dates and made from raw sesame seeds! Who knew?
5. Cashew Milk
This Cashew Milk is so creamy! The cashews bring the most delightful taste and get super rich. There’s no need to buy expensive plant milk in the grocery stores anymore, this is the real deal.
6. Date Sweetened Hemp Milk, Two Ways
This Date Sweetened Hemp Milk, Two Ways is exactly what the title reads! Vanilla and chocolate hemp milk are good for you!
7. Vanilla Pumpkin Seed Milk
This Vanilla Pumpkin Seed Milk is so rich! This seasonal seed makes for creamy, delicious milk that is ideal for enjoying with granola and fresh fruit.
8. Creamsicle Cashew Milk
This Creamsicle Cashew Milk is everything we’ve ever dreamed of! This homemade cashew milk is simple, elegant, and dangerously addictive. It’s perfectly sweet with notes of creamy vanilla and tangy, bright orange.
9. Goji Berry Golden Milk
Just look at the color of this Goji Berry Golden Milk! Golden milk infused with goji berries! This stuff is pretty magical thanks to fresh turmeric.
10. How to Make Soy Milk Kefir
How to Make Soy Milk Kefir is a guide to making, well, the best soy milk kefir of your life! It seems like everyone these days is crazy for kefir, a creamy fermented milk drink that is full of probiotics.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!