The sesame seed milk is rich, creamy, and has an unique flavor. Try it in your favorite smoothie for a twist!
Sesame Seed Milk [Vegan]
- 1 cup of raw sesame seeds (soaked in filtered water overnight)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 dates (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla (optional)
- Tiny pinch of salt, pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Drain your soaked sesame seeds in a fine mesh strainer and rinse with water. Add to a blender along with remaining ingredients and blend on high for about a minute.
- Strain the milk using a nut milk bag (it’s worth every penny!) or a fine mesh strainer. If you’re using it in smoothies you have the option of skipping the straining step and you can just use it immediately.
- Store in the fridge in a jar with a lid, and use within 3 days.