The cashews bring the most delightful taste and get super creamy. There’s no need to buy expensive plant milk in the grocery stores anymore, this is the real deal.
Cashew Milk [Vegan]
- 1 cup dry unsalted cashews
- 1 cup water (for soaking the cashews)
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups water (depending on what texture you'll prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 small medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch of salt
- Cover the cashew with water and let soak for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Strain through a sieve and rinse briefly.
- Place the cashew and the new water in a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain through a clean kitchen towel or a nut milk bag. Personally I prefer using a nut milk bag, basically because it's much easier to control the milk and a lot easier to clean up afterwords.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.