These budget-friendly vegan recipes mean you don’t have to break the bank to have flavorful, healthy, seasonal meals that are 100% plant-based.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Budget-Friendly Archives!
1. Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Source: Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
We can’t think of a better way to kick-start a day than with these nutritious power cookies are packed with fiber, apples, carrots, and nuts and just happen to be vegan, giving you the right kind of energy to start your day. This recipe for Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies by Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer makes a large batch of cookies that you can store in the freezer for those rushed mornings or moments when you need a quick healthy snack. Follow the nut-free substitutions to make them lunchbox-friendly.
2. Garlic Noodles
Source: Garlic Noodles
Get the FALL Cookbook!
3. Beer Butter Mushrooms
Source: Beer Butter Mushrooms
Beer and mushrooms are an inspirational combination and these Beer Butter Mushrooms by Dana Sandonato are the perfect building block for pretty much anything else you want to do in the kitchen. These mushrooms are textured exceptionally and walk the line between buttery and salty perfection. While this glorious dish is incredibly simple, it is guaranteed to become a house favorite.
4. Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad
Source: Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad
Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad by Pavani Nandula is a protein-packed and fiber-rich dish that is perfect as a side dish or a light meal. It takes about 30 minutes to make if you have planned and soaked the lentils overnight. Other than that, it is really simple to make and only needs a few ingredients: broccoli, lentils, red onion, almonds, and the homemade dressing!
5. How to Make Refried Beans
Source: How to Make Refried Beans
Refried beans are super easy to make and go in a wide variety of recipes. You can even eat them on their own with tortilla chips. After you learn how to make refried beans at home, you’ll never want to buy canned again! How to Make Refried Beans by Mitch and Justine Chapman is creamy, rich, and perfect to serve as an addition to all your Mexican-inspired meals.
6. Smoked Sweet Potato and Green Bean Bowl
7. 5-Minute Blueberry Superfood Oats
One of my favorite ways to start the day is with a warm bowl of oatmeal. A lot of people steer away from oats because they are a carb, but this grain is also rich in fiber, important vitamins, and other nutrients that we need to feel our best. Oats have been known to improve heart health, making them one of the healthiest breakfast carbs! This powerhouse bowl of oatmeal goodness is taken to the next level with the addition of superfoods like flax seeds, chia seeds, and blueberries. These 5-Minute Blueberry Superfood Oats by Jillian Glenn will keep you feeling fuller longer and they taste so much better than any store-bought oats you will find. Credit: Reprinted with permission from Healthy Vegan Breakfasts and Lunches by Jillian Glenn. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Jillian Glenn.
8. 3 Ingredient Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
9. Saucy Chipotle Black Beans
Source: Saucy Chipotle Black Beans
10. Mediterranean Seed Falafel
Source: Mediterranean Seed Falafel
A lot of people love falafels but don’t like deep-fried foods, or have difficulty digesting the soaked chickpeas/garbanzo beans that are usually in falafels. Here’s a raw and chickpea-free falafel that is surprisingly easy to make, and will ﬁll you up for many hours! Feel free to use whatever seeds you have on hand for these Mediterranean Seed Falafel by Dunja Gulin! From Falafel: Delicious Recipes for Middle Eastern-Style Patties, Plus Sauces, Pickles, Salads, and Breads. Photograph by Tim Atkins © Ryland Peters & Small 2023
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.