Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad is a protein packed and fiber rich dish that is perfect as a side dish or a light meal. It takes about 30 minutes to make if you have planned ahead and soaked the lentils overnight. Other than that, it is really simple to make and only needs a few ingredients: broccoli, lentils, red onion, almonds, and the homemade dressing! Black lentils are called Beluga lentils because they look very similar to caviar. The good thing about these lentils is that they keep their shape even after cooking. This lentil broccoli salad is so hearty and delicious––you will love it!
Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 cup Black Beluga Lentils, soaked in water for 8 hours
- 1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Broccoli, cut into florets
- To taste Salt Pepper
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
How to Prepare Beluga Lentil Broccoli Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Make the Salad:
- Drain and rinse the lentils. Place them in a medium saucepan along with 2 cups water.
- Bring the water to a boil; lower the heat and simmer until the lentils are tender, about 15-18 minutes.
- Drain any extra water from the lentils and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Steam the broccoli until tender and add to the lentils. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the thinly sliced red onion. Mix well.
Make the Dressing:
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Stir in the dressing into the lentil mixture, mix well. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and serve warm or at room temperature.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.