Saucy chipotle black beans is the insanely simple and delicious recipe that gets you to big bowls of plant-based healthy creaminess in 30 minutes or less.
Saucy Chipotle Black Beans [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Saucy Chipotle Black Beans [Vegan]
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper puree (or chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 1/2 cup salsa molcajete or prepared mild salsa
- 1 - 13 oz. (400 ml.) can coconut milk (I used the lite variety)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 cups cooked black beans (2 - 15 oz or 400 gm. cans), rinsed and drained
- Salt to taste (optional)
How to Prepare Saucy Chipotle Black Beans [Vegan]
- Heat a pot to medium high and add the onions. Saute for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Mix in the chipotle pepper and salsa and then add the coconut milk and maple syrup.
- Lower the heat and cover so the sauce simmers and thickens slightly (about 10 minutes).
- Add the 3 cups of black beans and heat through.
- Simmer further to reduce the sauce if desired.
- Serve in bowls with extra salsa and other garnishes or serve over rice or quinoa.
- This dish makes a satisfying bowl of creamy black beans, but you can also simmer and reduce it further to make a dip or taco filling.
- To reheat frozen, creamy black beans, allow them to thaw and then simmer them, covered, in a saucepan for at least 15 minutes to reduce the extra moisture.
- Be mindful of the heat of your salsa before adding the chipotle peppers. You may want to reduce the amount of the peppers or add a bit and then more after the beans cook a bit.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.