Okay, so we’ve covered How To Shop For A Whole Week At Whole Foods Under $50, now we’re getting a little bit tighter with our budgets. Maybe payday is feeling further and further away. Or maybe you’re getting prepared to put a down payment on a car. Whatever it is — have no fear. Whether you’re living in a small town or a major city, there’s a good chance that there’s a dollar store somewhere nearby. Even in a dollar store, there are also vegan options. To find them, you have to be careful, picky, and wise.
With our help, that get’s a little bit easier. If you’re willing to cook, you’ll get much further with your groceries. So, read on for our tips and tricks, and the vegan foods you need to pick up in order to shop for a whole week at the dollar store, for $30 or less!
- Beans: Beans are some of the healthiest and cheapest foods that you can eat on a plant-based diet. Luckily, they come in a variety of flavors and types. Purchase white, pinto, black and vegetarian refried, whatever you desire. Spend $5 on five cans.
- Frozen vegetables: Frozen vegetables are a great way to eat healthily and save tons of money. Spend $10 on a bag of broccoli, spinach, green beans and carrots.
- Frozen Fruit: Frozen fruits like strawberries, blackberries, mixed berries and banana blends are perfect for easy smoothie making and storage. Spend $2-3 on a bag or two!
- CARBS: There’s nothing wrong with frozen french fries and hashbrowns once in a while. While they’re not the healthiest option, many are still totally vegan. This comes in handy for quick side dishes and easy late night dinners. Spend $8 on 2 bags!
- Look out for: Check to see if they have zucchini fries, Jamaican veggie patties, battered mushrooms, sweet potato fries, curly fries, a bag of roasted potatoes, and veggie burgers. Not every dollar store will have these exact items, but choose accordingly depending on your available selection!
In order to make dishes out of these simple ingredients, look no further than our Food Monster App.
With the beans and vegetables, you can make a mixture of things like this White Bean Gratin, Hearty 15-Bean and Vegetable Soup, this vegan Fried Rice, and this Turmeric Coconut Rice. This Whole Food Black Bean Salsa Rice is also delicious and easy to make!
Use your veggies in a black bean and veggie stir-fry, or in this Broccoli Spinach Soup With Toasted Chickpeas.
There are also 10 Creative Ideas to Stir-Fry and Sauté Spinach that will make your life much easier. And if you Think Rice is Boring? Try These 25 Exciting Recipes That Will Change Your Mind!
Check out some more budget-friendly tips for more ideas and feel free to share your own!
See? You don’t have to break the bank if you’re on a budget! The Food Monster app has over 8000+ recipes and 500 are free. To access the rest, you have to pay a subscription fee but it’s totally worth it because not only do you get instant access to 8000+ recipes, you get 10 NEW recipes every day! You can also make meal plans, add bookmarks, read feature stories, and browse recipes across hundreds of categories like diet, cuisine, meal type, occasion, ingredient, popular, seasonal, and so much more!
Lead image source: Shutterstock