Here is a quick and easy green soup recipe which has some extra toasted chickpeas. These chickpeas make the soup extra nice and the green soup looks even better.
Broccoli Spinach Soup With Toasted Chickpeas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 2 potatoes
- 17-ounces vegetable broth
- 1 medium size fresh broccoli
- 1/2 zucchini
- 3.5-ounces spinach
- 8.5-ounces water
- 5-ounces coconut milk
- 14-ounces tinned chickpeas
- For seasoning: salt, pepper, ¼ tsp dry oregano, 1/4 tsp dry basil
- For decoration: some seeds and chopped chive (optional)
- Start preparing the vegetables. Peel potatoes, onion and garlic. Chop everything.
- Caramelize onions with a little bit of coconut oil (or vegetable oil) at the bottom of the hot saucepan (about 1 minute). Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes. Cover it with water and broth.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper and oregano and basil (remember that broth has already some salt). When the potatoes are cooked half way add broccoli. (It doesn't have to be covered all the way with water).
- Stew the vegetable mix on a low heat until it's completely soft.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the chickpeas. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Fry the chickpeas with a little bit of oil (coconut butter) in a saucepan until golden (or put them in the oven). Season it with salt, pepper and oregano. Set aside.
- Add spinach to the soup and blend the soup mix with hand blender. Add coconut milk. Heat the soup again if needed.
- Serve the broccoli spinach soup with chickpeas. You can add some extra seeds and chopped chive.