Who doesn’t need a colorful, extra quick and easy, super tasty, new side dish recipe? We absolutely love this rich and flavorful coconut rice as a side dish with pretty much anything including curries, veggie bowls, or stir fry.
Turmeric Coconut Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice rinsed and drained well
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: fresh, chopped parsley to garnish
- Add all of your ingredients to a saucepan (except the fresh parsley) and whisk well to combine.
- Bring it to a boil, cover and immediately turn your burner down to the lowest setting.
- Set your timer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the rice from heat and allow it to steam for another 10 minutes (no peeking!)
- Remove the lid and fluff with a fork.