Quiche is a fluffy dish that is key when it comes to a successful breakfast or brunch. However, while traditionally made with eggs, we fully believe in recreating classic dishes that everyone– including the plant-based nation– can enjoy. So grab a slice of these 15 Quiche Recipes that are egg-less and cruelty-free. All of these recipes and more can be found on our app, Food Monster!
This Leek and Kale Tart With the Sweet Potato Crust by Julie Zimmer looks good, tastes good, and it will make you feel great. The sweet potato crust is topped with savory custard and tender vegetables. This flashy tart is perfect for brunch, breakfast, or pretty much anytime you’re in the mood for something delicious.
This Tomato Basil Quiche by Dana Sterling is a satisfying main course, perfect for any occasion, or just a great way to have a delicious dinner for a few days. It is packed with fresh tomatoes and basil as well as savory mushrooms in an eggy chickpea flour filling. The foolproof pie crust is gluten-free, buttery, and delicious.
Get the Summer Cookbook!
This delicious plant-based Oil-Free Tofu Beet Quiche by Nele Liivlaid is gluten-free, oil-free, and full of seasonal flavor. Tofu takes the place of eggs and is blended with plenty of spices for flavor, plus fresh produce like beets, carrots, and spinach for a serving of veggies.
This Asparagus and Mushroom Tofu Quiche With Rosemary Almond Flour by Gina Fontana is perfect for a Sunday brunch. Impress your friends and family with this gluten-free and vegan treat! The pairing of the herbs with the asparagus and mushrooms is divine and so savory. Plus, with 23 grams of protein per slice, you’re going to feel so satisfied after eating it!
This vegan Polenta Frittata With Mushroom, Tomato, and Basil by Hannah Sunderani is here to answer your savory breakfast prayers! Polenta mixed with spices, fresh cherry tomatoes, and white mushrooms are baked in the oven until crisp on the outside, and indescribably “eggy” on the inside. The result was savory bliss that resembles egg frittata bakes.
Who says you can’t make quiches vegan?! This Italian Spinach and Tomato Quiche by Gabrielle St. Claire is a delicious breakfast packed with protein thanks to the tofu base and is also infused with classic Italian flavors. Spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and asparagus are incorporated throughout this quiche and are complemented beautifully by the indulgent vegan cheese. Bring this homemade dish to brunch and shock your fellow guests with how incredible egg-free and dairy-free can be!
Presenting, the perfect breakfast! This Potato Leek Quiche by Nele Liivlaid is egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and oil-free! The filling is made by combining shredded potatoes, carrots, and leeks and then covering it with a creamy, cheesy sauce made from chickpea flour before baking in the oven. Light and fluffy, it’s great for that Sunday morning breakfast or special occasions.
Polenta Quiches With Macadamia Ricotta and Squash Blossoms by Marta Ansaldo and Mimma Sangiorgio are gorgeous, summery, and rich, but also light – perfect for summer. The “ricotta” is made of macadamia nuts and cashews. It’s rich, creamy, slightly acidulous thanks to the lemon juice, and perfect for putting on…well, everything. These quiches have a base of polenta, which is then served with a light basil pesto that you cannot skip! It brings all of the flavors together so nicely.
This Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche by Holly Jade is the perfect dish to make for a quick breakfast throughout the week. The quiche uses hemp seeds to give it an eggy texture and combines basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crumbly crust to make a classic quiche.
This Roasted Tomato and Herb Quiche by Jessica DeMarra is a little more hands-on but worth it, especially if you’re making it to share with someone special. Feel free to substitute roasted sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts for a nut-free option (though I have not tested this version out). Fresh herbs and tomatoes shine in this summery breakfast, brunch, or anytime dish.
Get ready to take your breakfast and brunch dishes to the next level. This Potato and ‘Cheddar’ Quiche by Travis Piper is based on a light flaky crust and then layered with savory potatoes, a creamy tofu layer, and then some delicious vegan cheese.
This Eggless Chickpea and Kale Quiche by Chris Bartis is guaranteed to give you a perfect quiche with no eggs at all. The light, flaky crust is complemented by the savory, moist, egg-like filling, and to top it all off, you’ll throw in some other vegetables to make this breakfast as healthy as it is delicious.
A good quiche is hard to find – especially if you don’t eat eggs. However, Tolida Voinea‘s Mushroom and Kale Quiche recipe will take care of your quiche craving. The simple quinoa and almond meal crust remain crispy and tasty. Add a rich creamy mushroom and tofu filling and we have an instant classic.
Tofu’s egg-like texture and ability to absorb any flavor imposed onto it makes it the perfect filling for a quiche. Heidi Turunen‘s Tofu Mushroom Quiche recipe mixes tofu with mushrooms, baby spinach, red onion, and black olives, as well as nutritional yeast, garlic, and herbs for flavor. The result is a velvety, creamy, and deliciously fresh-tasting quiche that is perfect for pairing with soup or salad for a filling lunch or dinner.
15. 10 Vegan Breakfasts To Buy Online: From Sausages, Pancakes to Syrups and Bacon!
If you need some more breakfast and brunch options for pickier eaters, check out 10 Vegan Breakfasts To Buy Online: From Sausages, Pancakes to Syrups and Bacon! where we list items you can buy online!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.