This sundried tomato quiche is the perfect dish to make for a quick breakfast throughout the week. The quiche uses hemp seeds to give it an eggy texture and combines basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and a crumbly crust to make a classic quiche.
Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche [Vegan, Gluten Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche [Vegan, Gluten Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
For the Filling:
- 1 package firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove roughly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast powder
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 5 ounces sundried tomatoes, drained
- 2 large vine grown tomatoes sliced.
How to Prepare Sun-Dried Tomato Quiche [Vegan, Gluten Free]
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking powder and stir until everything is combined.
- Add the oil into the dry ingredients and rub them together with your fingers until they are like breadcrumbs. This will take around 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine dairy-free milk and lemon juice, then add this mixture to the crust mixture along with the hemp seeds mix until a dough forms.
- Once a ball of smooth dough is formed, wrap it in clingfilm and pop into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has firmed up remove from the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Flour a clean work surface and rolling pin, then begin to roll out your dough to the size of your pie dish.
- Spread a thin layer of vegan butter around the pie dish.
- Prick the base and pop into the oven to part-cook for 8-10 minutes.
To Make the Filling:
- Place the tomato slices on a baking tray and brush the tomatoes with oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes. Set this aside.
- In a large frying pan, add in the oil and heat it.
- Add in the onion and garlic and shallow fry until golden and place aside.
- Drain the moisture from the tofu and crumble it into a food processor. Then add the lemon juice, salt, yeast powder, dairy-free milk, tahini and sun-dried tomatoes
- Place everything into a large bowl and stir in the onions and garlic.
- Pour the filling onto the part-cooked base and garnish it with some sliced tomatoes, basil, and a sprinkling of hemp seeds.
- Pop it into the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.