This quiche is perfect for a Sunday brunch. Impress your friends and family with this gluten-free and vegan treat! The pairing of the herbs with the asparagus and mushrooms is divine and so savory. Plus, with 23 grams of protein per slice, you're going to feel so satisfied after eating it!
Asparagus and Mushroom Tofu and Quiche With Rosemary Almond Flour Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Crust:
- 4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 shallots (diced)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons water
To Make the Filling:
- 1 bunch asparagus (chopped)
- 24-ounces firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, then add the oil and water.
- Press the dough into an oiled pie plate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until it starts to feel slightly firm but not turning golden (you will return to the oven to bake with the filling).
- Turn the oven up to 425°F.
- Drain and press your tofu to get all the liquid out.
- Blend the tofu and almond milk in the blender until smooth.
- Pour tofu into a medium mixing bowl and add mustard, nutritional yeast, oregano, lemon juice, and salt.
- Sautée the chopped asparagus and mushrooms in about a tablespoon of olive oil and minced garlic over medium heat until slightly browned.
- Add the asparagus-mushroom mixture to the tofu mixture.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes (until the center isn't jiggly).
- Allow this to set up for about 10 minutes.