This is guaranteed to give you a perfect quiche and with no eggs at all. The light, flaky crust is complemented by the savory, moist, egg-like filling and to top it all off, you'll throw in some other vegetables to make this breakfast as healthy as it is delicious.
Eggless Chickpea and Kale Quiche [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup graham flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
For the Filling:
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, freshly ground (add 1/2 cup warm water)
- 1 1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 7 ounces kale
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2-3 medium potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 6 sun-dried tomato pieces, chopped
- Add the flours, oil, salt, and water to a small bowl and mix them together. Use your hands to push the dough into a round, 11-inch pie dish.
- Pre-bake the crust for 15 minutes at 350°F.
- Grind the flax eggs, mix them with the water let them gel for about 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpea flour, black salt, spices, baking powder, and water in a large bowl and chill it.
- Sauté the onions in a little oil until they start to soften a bit.
- Add the chopped kale and cook until it wilts and turns a dark green.
- Remove the chickpea flour batter from the refrigerator and add the kale, onions, and rest of the vegetables to the bowl.
- Mix it well so that all the vegetables are coated in the mixture.
- Pour everything into the pre-baked crust.
- Bake in the oven at 400° F for about 45 minutes.