A study has revealed the rising demand for more plant-based options in the workplace, especially for those under 35 years of age.
Source: TRT World/Youtube
The study showed that almost a quarter of people want their companies and workplace to provide more options that are plant-based. This study also showed the rising demand for healthier options in the workplace as people want to have lunch options that include vegan and vegetarian options. Some UK companies were even shown to have completely removed most healthy food options altogether.
Ramona Hazan, the founder of RAMONA’s, said in an email to One Green Planet,
“According to Waitrose & Partner’s Food & Drink Report 21-22, ‘Climatarianism’ a diet focused on reducing your carbon footprint, is gaining popularity, with consumers more conscious than ever before of their impact on their environment.
“The findings from our research show that workers are really struggling with healthy eating in the workplace. Employers have to be more aware of what they’re providing for their vegan members of staff and for workers looking to embrace more green and eco-friendly initiatives.
“In the meantime, for those who find it easier to ‘grab and go’, supermarkets are presenting vegan lunch options for workers who are conscious of the need to eat healthily.”
- Veganuary Hits Record with 500,000 Pledges
- 12 Homemade Non-Dairy Milks to Try During Veganuary!
- 15 Easy High-Protein Tofu Recipes for Veganuary!
- Veganuary Exclusive: Your Ultimate Guide to a Plant-Based Diet!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.