Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Curl up with a warm bowl of one of these 15 vegan chili recipes that are packed with flavor, healthy ingredients, and a plethora of warm, inviting spices. What’s great about these dishes is that you can make them in big batches. When you’re ready to eat it the next day, all you have to do is heat it up! These recipes are convenient and satisfying, what’s not to love?
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Chilli Cheese Corn Toast
Source: Chilli Cheese Corn Toast
Looking for a quick snack? Give this Chilli Cheese Corn Toast by Priya Lakshminarayan a try! It’s a delicious Indian-style cream cheese and corn sandwich recipe that’s vegan! You can literally make it in 10 minutes and serve it for breakfast or an evening snack!
2. Comforting Chili
Source: Comforting Chili
Sometimes we just need a warm, comforting and hearty bowl of Chili, especially for those cozy rainy days. And this Comforting Chili by Jeunesse Pouchet is all of the above! Better yet, it’s quick and simple to make. Accompanied with pickled cabbage, grilled plantain, and a dollop of vegan sour cream. This bowl of goodness is packed with flavor and healthy ingredients.
3. Black-Eyed Peas and Kale Chili
Source: Black-Eyed Peas and Kale Chili
This is a beautiful take on a classic chili and the addition of kale makes it hearty and nutritious. The black-eyed peas provide a sturdy foundation for the plethora of spices, garlic, and onion that go into creating the flavor of this Black-Eyed Peas and Kale Chili by Pavani Nandula and the kale adds a nice bit of texture to make this recipe a ‘bowl’ in one.
4. One-Pot Spicy Three Bean Chili
Source: One-Pot Spicy Three Bean Chili
Since this One-Pot Spicy Three Bean Chili by Danielle Clark takes only forty minutes total, you still have plenty of time to get whatever work you have done. And all you gotta do when you’re ready to eat it the next day is heat it up and go! Serve it with some tortilla chips!
5. Chocolate Chili
Source: Chocolate Chili
6. Sweet Potato Chili With Skillet Cornbread
Put down those smoothie bowls and cold kombuchas, vata season is here. In Ayurveda, Vata Dosha is the element of air and ether and it governs the season of fall and early winter. In colder weather, there’s nothing more comforting than a good hearty bowl of chili and a thick slice of cornbread. It’s pure comfort food and soul nourishment during this time of year! Taking a healthier approach to this standard combo, this Sweet Potato Chili With Skillet Cornbread by Claire Ragozzino uses sprouted legumes to increase digestibility and a warming mix of savory and sweet spices.
7. Beer Chili
Source: Beer Chili
8. White Bean Chili
Source: White Bean Chili
A lighter spin on the traditional tomato-based chili, this super simple White Bean Chili by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler is rich in plant-based protein and just the perfect choice for a quick, healthy, and satisfying dinner. It’s made with lots of veggies, including sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and kale. Definitely give this one a try. It just might become of those dishes you will find yourself coming back to over and over again.
9. Sweet Potato Chili
Source: Sweet Potato Chili
10. Mexican Chili
Source: Mexican Chili
The flavors of this vegan Mexican Chili by Planted and Picked are rooted in a wonderful paste that starts with toasting whole dried chilis. Be prepared for your taste buds to dance – this recipe is so delicious. Take the time to enjoy this vegan Mexican chili and the depth of the flavors it rewards you with.
11. Three Bean Sweet Potato Chili
Source: Three Bean Sweet Potato Chili
This smoky, spicy Three Bean Sweet Potato Chili by Aurora Steen has just a hint of sweetness thanks to the sweet potatoes. With three different varieties of beans, it’s hearty and filling — the perfect meal for cold weather. Serve this with crunchy tortilla chips or cool and creamy guacamole!
12. Best Vegan Chili
Source: Best Vegan Chili
If you’re looking for the best vegan chili recipe then you’ve come to the right place. This Best Vegan Chili by Hannah Sunderani is easy to make, healthy and wholesome. It’s packed with protein using 3-beans: white beans, kidney, and black beans. Needless to say, it’s a hearty dish that you can enjoy for a quick dinner. Best of all, this recipe is quick to make. You can have piping hot dinner for six in just 40 minutes, with little work involved! This Vegan Chili is flavor-rich and satiating. And makes for a great meal prep dish to enjoy throughout the week. Simply re-heat and eat.
13. Chili Con Queso
Source: Chili Con Queso
What’s fab about this Chili Con Queso by Gabrielle St. Claire, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs tons of veggies, tons of plant protein, staple ingredients, texture, can easily be made in bulk, perf for any season, contains no animal products, perf for entertaining, has a little bit of heat, and will be your newest obsession!!
14. Hearty High-Protein Lentil, Kidney Bean, and Chickpea Chili
Loaded with lentils, kidney beans, and chickpeas, this Hearty High-Protein Lentil, Kidney Bean, and Chickpea Chili by Logan Dunn & Lexus Osman is low in fat while being very high in pure plant-based protein! This will help to keep you fuller longer and less inclined to grab at that bag of potato chips later on in the evening.
15. Loaded Vegan Chili Board
Source: Loaded Vegan Chili Board
The savory and spicy aroma of chili reminds me of my grandma’s house. When I was a kid, she always had a pot simmering on the stove. To this day, I get a warm and cozy feeling whenever I make chili for my family or friends. The Hearty Pinto and Black Bean Chili on this Loaded Vegan Chili Board is free of gluten, soy, and nuts, making it ideal for serving a group with diverse food allergies and sensitivities. Allow your guests to serve themselves and load their steaming bowls of chili with veggies, avocado, and vegan sour cream. Not only are they great for dipping, but tortilla chips also offer a satisfying crunch when crumbled and used as a chili topping.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!