Looking for a quick snack? Give this Chilli Cheese Corn Toast a try! It's a delicious Indian-style cream cheese and corn sandwich recipe that's vegan! You can literally make it in 10 minutes and serve it for breakfast or an evening snack!
Chilli Cheese Corn Toast [Vegan]
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup yellow corn
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 onion
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 teaspoon oregano, optional
- The first step is to toast the bread slices. Smear some vegan cream cheese over the bread slices before toasting. You can either toast them in a toaster or line a baking tray with parchment paper and broil them on low for 2-3 minutes in the oven till they turn brown and crisp. Be careful to not burn them.
- Meanwhile, thaw frozen yellow corn and chop the bell pepper. Transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, green chilies (reserving 1-2 tablespoons for garnish), onions, and minced garlic.
- Then mix in the shredded cheese, chaat masala, paprika, cumin powder, and crushed black pepper.
- Add lemon juice and salt as needed and give it all a good mix.
- Spread a generous helping of this mixture over the bread slices.
- Top it with a generous layer of grated cheese.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and green chilies and broil at low temperature (400 degrees F) for 2-3 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Take it out of the oven and serve immediately. Sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes and oregano on top if you want to up the taste and spice quotient.
- Drizzle some ketchup/vegan mayo/chutney on top or serve them on the side.