This is a beautiful take on a classic chili and the addition of kale makes it hearty and nutritious. The black-eyed peas provide a sturdy foundation for the plethora of spices, garlic, and onion that go into creating the flavor of this chili and the kale adds a nice bit of texture to make this recipe a 'bowl' in one.
Black-Eyed Peas and Kale Chili [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Poblano chili, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons agave
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a soup pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook them until the onions are lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped poblanos and jalapeno and cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes or until the chilis are tender.
- Stir in the black-eyed peas, tomatoes with the juice, ground cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, stock, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the dijon mustard and the agave. Stir everything well and cook it for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chopped kale and simmer the mixture for 10 more minutes or until the greens are wilted.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Beans - All
- Black Eye / Pigeon Pea
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 693 | Total Carbs: 127 g | Total Fat: 2 g | Total Protein: 37 g | Total Sodium: 1921 g | Total Sugar: 39 g Per Serving: Calories: 173 | Carbs: 32 g | Fat: 1 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 480 mg | Sugar: 10 g Calculation not including salt to taste. Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Here is my story. grateful
My wife was diagnosed with a cancer, ( before i learnt of Rick Simpsons oil / RSO ) the hospital said to do chemotherapy and radiotherapy.. she did.. and went through a lot.. but no cure, after a while the doctors said the cancer was spreading and we could look for alternatives.. i searched the internet and found out about the oil.. asked alot of questions.. watched the videos etc.. we made the oil our selves but it couldn\’t just work out we were doing more harm than good and the cancer was still there spreading, i searched more on the internet i found a testimony on how a lady got the oil via an email, [email protected] immediately copied the email: i wrote to this very email [email protected] and in an hour later i got a reply back asking me some few questions, and enlightened me on how to get the oil in the next 48hours, i placed my order and in the next 48hours the medication oil got to us. immediately my wife started using the oil, it been two months now, since my wife has been using the medication oil and the cancerous problems are gone this very fact was clarified by the doctor.
i put up this piece of testimony for the sake of those once who need this oil to please don\’t die in silence their is a cure for your cancer today email: [email protected] and get the oil.