Since this three bean chili takes only forty minutes total, you still have plenty of time to get whatever work you have done. And all you gotta do when you’re ready to eat it the next day is heat it up and go! Serve it with some tortilla chips!
One-Pot Spicy Three Bean Chili [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or neutral oil of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Avocado (to top)
- Cilantro (to top)
- Tortilla Chips (to top)
- Heat a large pot over a medium heat, and add the oil. Once the pan is hot, add the diced onions and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until they begin to become translucent.
- Add the red pepper and cook for another 10 minutes. Once the onion is tender, add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes, until all the flavors have incorporated.
- Divide into bowls evenly, add your toppings, and enjoy!