Loaded with lentils, kidney beans, and chickpeas, this chili is low in fat while being very high in pure plant-based protein! This will help to keep you fuller longer and less inclined to grab at that bag of potato chips later on in the evening.
Hearty High-Protein Lentil, Kidney Bean, and Chickpea Chili [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hearty High-Protein Lentil, Kidney Bean, and Chickpea Chili [Vegan]
- 2 cups lentils, cooked or canned
- 2 cups kidney beans, cooked or canned
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 mushrooms, Cremini, chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
How to Prepare Hearty High-Protein Lentil, Kidney Bean, and Chickpea Chili [Vegan]
- Chop all your veggies, get that prep going!
- Once everything is ready, add the olive oil and the liquid smoke to a large pot over medium heat.
- To this add your onions and allow them to sweat down and brown up.
- Next add your mushrooms, and minced garlic, allowing them to release their liquids and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Throw in the bell pepper and the chopped spinach, cooking until the spinach is fully wilted.
- Now it’s time to add all of your beans, toss in the lentils, kidney beans, and chickpeas into the pot.
- Stir everything to combine.
- Add in all your spices and mix them throughout.
- Finally throw in the crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, and almond milk.
- Allow this to simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes partially covered.
- Taste your creation and add more spices if it suits your fancy.
- Top with cashew cream cheese and spring onions for the perfect bowl of chili!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 335 | Carbs: 56g | Fat: 4.5g | Protein: 21g | Sodium: 12mg | Sugar: 12gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.