This great chili has to be one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together. Vegan Chocolate Chili is going to be your new go-to!
Chocolate Chili [Vegan]
For the Chili:
- 3 cups diced tomatoes 1
- 1 cup black beans soaked overnight
- 1 cup kidney beans soaked overnight
- 2 yellow onions roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes smoked sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
For the Corn:
- 1 cup corn frozen or canned, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- smoked sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once the water is boiled, add the soaked beans. Reduce to the heat and simmer until the beans are cooked, around 45 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, chop the onions and kale, and dice the garlic.
- Once the beans are done, strain them and set aside.
- In a pot, sauté the onion and garlic until translucent on medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and beans, simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are simmering, start preparing the corn. In a small pan, melt two teaspoons of coconut oil on medium heat. Add the red onion and cook until translucent and almost brown.
- Add the spices to the chili and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook on high heat, stirring occasionally, until the corn is seared on both sides. Lower the heat and add the kale, and cook for another few minutes. Season with smoked sea salt and remove from the heat.
- Remove the chili from the heat.
- Serve in bowls and top with the seared corn.