Sweet Potato Chili [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup black beans dry
- 1/4 cup pinto beans dry
- 1/4 cup kidney beans
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (1 entire box)
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 small sweet potatoes, cubed (about 2 1/2 cups of cubed sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomaotes
- Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime (optional)
Soak all beans in filtered water overnight.
Discard the water, and rinse well.
Add to a large pot with vegetable broth and water.
Bring to a boil on high, then immediately lower to a simmer.
Continue simmering until the beans are completely soft (you can check by squeezing them between your fingers). It takes about 45 minutes – 1 hour.
Then, add all other ingredients (except for cilantro and lime), and simmer for another 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are completely soft.
Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime (optional).