Amp up your holiday recipes with pecans! Candied and caramelized pecans are the perfect amount of nutty, crunchy, and delicious addition to sweets, and will make your home smell amazing. Rich and decadent, pecans are a must during the holiday season.
1. Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pecans
Source: Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pecans
This Pumpkin Pie with Candied Pecans by Rouxbe is perfect for dessert! The creamy filling and the crunchy nuts are a perfect pair. Recipe Credit: Fran Costigan
2. Candied Pecans
Source: Candied Pecans
Although this recipe by Gretchen Price is for vegan Candied Pecans you can of course use any nut you prefer or a combination of all different nuts! Subtly spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves; and the secret ingredient to make these 100% vegan is the aquafaba!
3. Cranberry Pecan Pie with Candied Pecans
Source: Cranberry Pecan Pie with Candied Pecans
This amazing Cranberry Pecan Pie with Candied Pecans by Taavi Moore combines sweetness, tartness and nuttiness into one amazing pie!
4. Pumpkin Pie With Coconut Whip and Candied Pecans
Source: Pumpkin Pie With Coconut Whip and Candied Pecans
This Pumpkin Pie With Coconut Whip and Candied Pecans is super easy and only requires a handful of ingredients, the most expensive one being coconut milk and pecans. It may take time to throw together, but you can make more than one at a time. This recipe is perfect for fall and has multiple textures from the pumpkin pecans and cinnamon coconut whip. It will instantly become a family favorite! If you love all things pumpkin or need a classic vegan alternative this year, try this unique vegan pumpkin pie by Gabrielle St. Claire!
5. White Chocolate Pumpkin Bark With Candied Pecans
Source: White Chocolate Pumpkin Bark With Candied Pecans
This White Chocolate Pumpkin Bark With Candied Pecans recipe by Gabrielle St. Claire is so easy, involves a handful of ingredients, has multiple textures, aesthetic appeal, looks fancy but is far from complex. The candied pecans sweetened with coconut sugar and no butter are the perfect topping for this seasonal treat. If you’re searching for that ideal fall concept to indulge in or simply need a quick and easy gift for friends and love ones, this is it!
6. Pumpkin Crêpes With Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream and Candied Pecans
Source: Pumpkin Crêpes With Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream and Candied Pecans
Say hello to the perfect fall brunch! These Pumpkin Crêpes With Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream and Candied Pecans have a pumpkin-infused batter, a creamy pumpkin filling, and a topping of cinnamon-spiced coconut whipped cream and crunchy candied pecans. This breakfast dish by Gabrielle St. Claire has multiple textures, flavors, the base recipe can be used to make whichever crêpe you crave. Not to mention it has a great presentation that just screams fall!
7. Sweet Potato Casserole With Almond Sauce and Candied Pecans
Source: Sweet Potato Casserole With Almond Sauce and Candied Pecans
When you make this Sweet Potato Casserole With Almond Sauce and Candied Pecans by Florian Nouh, it’ll fill your home with the aroma of fall. Warming flavors of cinnamon and maple syrup are combined with sweet apple, hearty and comforting mashed sweet potato, and a creamy almond sauce that ties it all together. It’s topped with crunchy, buttery candied pecans to make a wonderful, fall-approved, and satisfying side dish.
8. Holiday Candied Pecans
Source: Holiday Candied Pecans
These Holiday Candied Pecans by Wendy Irene are sweet, nutty, crunchy and delicious! The candied pecans make the sweetest gift scooped into small jars with a bow. You could also make the candied pecans ahead of time, and put them out on your holiday table. Candied pecans are great for amping up your holiday desserts, or maybe even your sweet potato casserole! Add a sweet crunch to your favorite desserts by sprinkling a few candied pecans across the top.
9. Candied Pumpkin Spice Pecans
Source: Candied Pumpkin Spice Pecans
These Candied Pumpkin Spice Pecans by Jackie Newgent are glazed with a just-right sweetness from coconut nectar. You can use pure maple syrup, if you prefer. The pumpkin pie spice provides that distinctive pumpkin pie-like flair, of course. And the pinch of sea salt punches up taste and provides balance for the sweetness. A handful of these pecans makes a delightful snack. They’re also ideal for tossing into salads or sprinkling onto so many seasonal dishes. Hope you make a batch or two … soon!
10. Southern Bourbon Pecan Pie
Source: Southern Bourbon Pecan Pie
This Vegan Southern Bourbon Pecan Pie by Shanika Graham-White is a warm, flavorful pie that tastes even better than a classic pecan pie. The gooey center is perfectly luxurious and nutty, and the homemade crust is scented with orange while being 100% vegan!
11. Almond Caramelized Pecan Crumb Cakes
Source: Almond Caramelized Pecan Crumb Cakes
These Almond Caramelized Pecan Crumb Cakes by Stephanie McKinnie are incredibly moist and delicious. They are egg free, gluten free ,and mildly sweetened with coconut sugar. There are a lot of ingredients in them, but it is SO worth it. A light, nutty muffin is topped with a buttery, crumble topping, and caramelized peanuts––it’s absolutely heavenly. They are the perfect autumn treat and will make your home smell amazing. Serve these pecan crumb cakes with dairy-free half and half or coconut cream.
12. Caramelized Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Caramelized Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Caramelized Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Stephanie McKinnie are over the moon delicious. The caramelized pecans deliver a wonderful crunchy topping adding depth to the cookie. They are free of refined sugar, gluten, and eggs.
13. Caramelized Pecan Cacao Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Caramelized Pecan Cacao Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Caramelized Pecan Cacao Chocolate Chip Cookies by Stephanie McKinnie are over the moon delicious. The caramelized pecans deliver a wonderful crunchy topping adding depth to the cookie. They are free of refined sugar, gluten and eggs.
14. Blueberry Caramelized Maple Pecan Breakfast Bars Drizzled with Chocolate
Source: Blueberry Caramelized Maple Pecan Breakfast Bars Drizzled with Chocolate
These Blueberry Caramelized Maple Pecan Breakfast Bars Drizzled with Chocolate by Stephanie McKinnie are a treat worth waking up for. These bars are healthy; they are highly satisfying to breakfast and a great sweet treat. They have a hint of blueberry with a lovely caramelized maple pecan crunch. In addition, they are naturally refined sugar, vegan and gluten-free.
15. Banana-Pecan Upside Down Cakes
Source: Banana-Pecan Upside Down Cakes
Bananas do get a little exciting when you do something with them – frozen and added to a smoothie, for instance, or blended into tofu pudding, or mashed and added to muffin batter, or – the best way of all – caramelized. The flavor takes on a whole new rich and decadent dimension. Roasting brings out the tropical in the banana. Which is what makes these simple cakes so delicious. This Banana-Pecan Upside Down Cakes recipe by Annie Oliverio can be easily doubled in case you have more mouths to feed. Mouths that either love or just kinda like bananas. Hey, it’s your duty to get your daily banana!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!