Although this recipe is for vegan candied pecans you can of course use any nut you prefer or a combination of all different nuts! Subtly spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves; and the secret ingredient to make these 100% vegan is the aquafaba!
Candied Pecans [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons Aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Pecan Halves (or other nuts)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Cloves
- Salt pinch
- Whip the aquafaba in a large mixing bowl until foamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and whip it to incorporate
- Add the pecans and toss to coat well
- Combine the sugar, salt & spices and add to the pecans in the bowl.
- Toss well to evenly coat
- Spread onto a silicone mat or a lightly oiled sheet pan
- Bake in a preheated 300°F oven for 20 minutes, stir them up after you take them out of the oven and redistribute and cool
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month at room temperature