These pecans are glazed with a just-right sweetness from coconut nectar. You can use pure maple syrup, if you prefer. The pumpkin pie spice provides that distinctive pumpkin pie-like flair, of course. And the pinch of sea salt punches up taste and provides balance for the sweetness. A handful of these pecans makes a delightful snack. They’re also ideal for tossing into salads or sprinkling onto so many seasonal dishes. Hope you make a batch or two … soon!
Candied Pumpkin Spice Pecans [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt (a generous pinch!)
- Line a plate with unbleached parchment paper. Fully preheat a cast iron or other stick-resistant skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pecan halves, coconut nectar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the skillet. Cook while stirring until the pecans are caramelized (browned), well-coated, and sticky, about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Transfer the candied pecans in a single layer onto the parchment paper-lined plate. Set aside to cool and crisp.