Pizza is good at any time. Rain, snow, sun, heat, cold, breakfast, lunch dinner – there’s never a wrong time for pizza. However, making it with out-of-season ingredients can ruin the wonderful experience that eating pizza should be. That’s why we’ve gathered together some of our favorite pizza recipes from our Food Monster App that are packed with seasonal and flavorful savory ingredients for the ultimate autumnal pizza dish. Dig in!
1. Fall Harvest Pizza
Image Source: Fall Harvest Pizza
Pumpkin, avocado, and pumpkin seed pesto make this the most epic fall-inspired pizza ever! It’s super simple, gluten-free, and contains all of the seasonal flavors you love and adore! Three cheers for this Fall Harvest Pizza from Natalie Yonan!
2. Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Grilled Pear Pizza
Image Source: Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Grilled Pear Pizza
This Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Grilled Pear Pizza from Gabrielle St. Claire is like the fall version of a salad pizza. Brussels sprouts, caramelized onions, Shiitake bacon, and vegan parmesan on top of a crispy crust each play a supporting role in bringing together all dimensions of flavor and texture that make this pizza so perfect. The Shiitake bacon offers a savory taste, the onions a sweet and sour taste, the grilled pear a mild sweetness, and the shaved Brussels sprouts bring the entire pizza together.
3. Brussels Sprouts Pizza With Caramelized Onions and Balsamic Reduction [Vegan]
Step up your pizza game with a gourmet pizza you would typically get in a restaurant but in your own kitchen. This Brussels Sprouts Pizza With Caramelized Onions and Balsamic Reduction from Cara Carin has Brussels sprouts, balsamic red onions, and vegan mozzarella. All that’s missing is the red and white checkered tablecloth.
4. Kale Pesto Pizza With ‘Goat’ Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Kale Pesto Pizza With ‘Goat’ Cheese
Make ordinary pesto a bit more interesting by throwing in some kale and then slathering it on top of your favorite pizza crust. Top it all off with some homemade vegan goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and pickled peppers for a beyond-delish Kale Pesto Pizza With ‘Goat’ Cheese from Parsley Vegan.
5. Fig Swiss Brown Mushroom and Herbed Cashew Cheese Pizza [Vegan]
Image Source: Fig Swiss Brown Mushroom and Herbed Cashew Cheese Pizza
It’s fig season, which means…put figs of anything on everything! The combination of jammy figs, savory swiss brown mushrooms, creamy cashew cheese, and the flavor-bomb that is reduced balsamic on this Fig Swiss Brown Mushroom and Herbed Cashew Cheese Pizza from Rebekah Waters will knock your socks off. The bitterness of using arugula instead of spinach works so well with the figs!
6. Parmesan Kale Pesto Pizza [Vegan]
Image Source: Parmesan Kale Pesto Pizza
7. Cauliflower and Pumpkin Seed Crust Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Cauliflower and Pumpkin Seed Crust Pizza
This unique spin on pizza crust in Christine DesRoches‘ Cauliflower and Pumpkin Seed Crust Pizza will change the way you think about eating a slice. This crust is hearty, well-flavored, grain-free, and best of all, full of healthy vegetables. It’s the perfect foundation for your next ambitious pizza.
8. Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza
If you’ve never tried barbecue sauce on pizza, it’s time to start. Cauliflower roasted in spicy barbecue sauce adds a “meaty” texture as well as an awesome flavor that makes Rene Barker‘s Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza filling, healthy, and tasty. Top with creamy, dairy-free ranch sauce and fresh cilantro for the perfect finishing touch.
9. Beet ‘Pepperoni’ Pizza [Vegan]
Image Source: Beet ‘Pepperoni’ Pizza
Who ever knew that beets could make the perfect substitute for pepperoni? When you think about it, they’re the perfect shape and size! Beets are marinated in a smoky, spicy sauce and then fried until crispy in this Beet ‘Pepperoni’ Pizza from Alicja Rokicka. They go perfectly with the crust and tomato sauce in the recipe, but feel free to use your favorites — after all, pizza is a personal affair.
10. Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza With Garlic Cashew Cheese [Vegan]
Image Source: Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza With Garlic Cashew Cheese
This Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza With Garlic Cashew Cheese from Travis Piper has a seasonal twist! It uses a butternut squash purée mix in place of a marinara sauce and is topped with all kinds of goodness. Who doesn’t love a pizza night?
11. Fig and Caramelized Onion Flatbread [Vegan]
Image Source: Fig and Caramelized Onion Flatbread
Bite into this savory and sweet appetizer, perfect for your next event or gathering. This Fig and Caramelized Onion Flatbread from Plant Tribe perfectly combines opposite flavors to balance each other and create a dish where each bite is better than the last.
12. Artichoke and Spinach Pesto Pizza [Vegan]
Image Source: Artichoke and Spinach Pesto Pizza
Topped with marinated artichoke hearts and cheesy basil and spinach pesto, this Artichoke and Spinach Pesto Pizza from Gabrielle St. Claire is sure to be your new favorite. It can be made with any kind of crust, whether you like thin, crispy crusts, grain-free, soft, or doughy … it’s all about the toppings and this pizza has them right. It’s all topped off with vegan Parmesan and melty vegan mozzarella — which is entirely optional, but so good.
13. Balsamic Butternut and Brussels Sprouts Flatbread Pizza [Vegan]
Image Source: Balsamic Butternut and Brussels Sprouts Flatbread Pizza
If you’re looking for the perfect fall lunch or dinner concept or even an effortless small bite for entertaining, this autumnal Balsamic Butternut and Brussels Sprouts Flatbread Pizza from Gabrielle St. Claire is the way to go! A crispy flatbread pizza is topped with a cornucopia of fall produce — roasted butternut squash, shaved Brussels sprouts, Shiitake mushroom bacon, and dried cranberries and then finished off with a balsamic glaze and vegan cheese.
14. Broccoli Chicken Kale Pesto Cauliflower Crust Pizza [Vegan]
Image Source: Broccoli Chicken Kale Pesto Cauliflower Crust Pizza
This Broccoli Chicken Kale Pesto Cauliflower Crust Pizza from Paris Marash is amazing! The crust gets delightfully crispy in the oven first and holds together after you top it with a million ingredients!
15. Curried Butternut Squash Seasonal Flatbreads [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Image Source: Curried Butternut Squash Seasonal Flatbreads
When your butternut squash cravings are in full force — turn to this delicious, healthy recipe for Curried Butternut Squash Seasonal Flatbreads from Gina Fontana. The squash is seasoned with curry and ginger and topped with crispy chickpeas, apples, and Brussels sprouts. The sweetness from the apple is just enough flavor to reign in the curry flavoring while adding a seasonal touch.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!