This pizza is so delicious, anyone you share a slice with will be shocked to find out that it is actually free from gluten, eggs, soy, corn, and dairy. Instead of tomato sauce, this pizza is topped with a garlicky kale pesto, as well as vegan Parmesan, grape tomatoes, and broccoli. This pie is vibrant, delightfully textured, and healthy to boot!
Parmesan Kale Pesto Pizza [Vegan]
For the Pizza:
- 1 pre-made vegan pizza crust
For the Kale Pesto:
- 4 cups kale
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
For the Pizza Toppings:
- 6 grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 2-4 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F and prep the pizza crust.
- Prepare kale pesto by combining kale, olive oil, walnuts, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor for 30 seconds. Add additional olive oil if you need to thin it out.
- Spread kale pesto on top of the two pies leaving some room around the edge.
- Layer on sliced tomatoes, broccoli florets, and any other desired toppings such as red onions or bell peppers.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes. While baking, prepare the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese.
- Slice into 8 slices per pie and enjoy immediately.
You can store any leftovers in a glass container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. To reheat, use a toaster oven or microwave.