This unique spin on pizza crust will change the way you think about eating a slice. This crust is hearty, well flavored, grain-free, and best of all, full of healthy vegetables. It's the perfect foundation for your next ambitious pizza.
Cauliflower and Pumpkin Seed Crust Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- Toppings of your choice
- Set aside a baking sheet, and preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Stir the ground chia seeds and water together in the bottom of a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pulse pumpkin seeds into a coarse flour and add to the chia mixture.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the cauliflower.
- Pulse the cauliflower using the food processor fitted with an S-blade into small, rice-like pieces (do not pulse too finely as you don't want your cauliflower to be mushy).
- Add the cauliflower to the pumpkin seed mixture, and fold the mixture together with a spoon so that it's well-combined.
- With wet hands, shape the cauliflower dough into a large oval, about a 1/2-inch thick. Smooth with wet hands. Brush with 1 teaspoon of grapeseed oil.
- Place it in the oven, and bake it for 15-20 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.