If you've never tried barbecue sauce on pizza, it's time to start. Cauliflower roasted in spicy barbecue sauce adds a “meaty” texture as well as an awesome flavor that makes this pizza filling, healthy, and totally tasty. Top with creamy, dairy-free ranch sauce and fresh cilantro for the perfect finishing touch.
Roasted Cauliflower BBQ Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 16-ounce package premade pizza dough
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 white onion, sliced
- Vegan ranch and cilantro, for topping
- An hour before you want to cook the pizza, place the dough on a flour-dusted countertop.
- While dough is coming to room temperature, preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, Sriracha, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from oven and increase oven heat to 475°F. Place cauliflower back in the bowl. Add BBQ sauce and stir to combine.
- While cauliflower is cooking, place a large pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Add onion to the pan. Once the onion starts to brown, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, and stir frequently. Once onion is caramelized and soft remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray a 16-inch round baking sheet (or baking sheet of choice) with non-stick spray. Place dough on the sheet and stretch to desired shape. Top dough with BBQ/cauliflower mixture and spread evenly. Top with caramelized onion and place in the oven for 12-17 minutes, or until crust is brown and crispy.