Pumpkin, avocado, and pumpkin seed pesto makes this the most epic fall-inspired pizza ever! It's super simple, gluten-free, and contains all of the seasonal flavors you love and adore!
Fall Harvest Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Gluten-Free Dough:
- 3/4-ounce fresh yeast
- 1 cup water at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend mixed with 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
To Make the Cashew Cheese:
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley
- 1 cup of basil
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup finely grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup tablespoons olive oil
- Hokkaido pumkin
- Chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine yeast, olive oil, salt, and water in a small mixing bowl.
- Combine the gluten-free flour and psyllium husk in a big mixing bowl. Make a well in the dry mixture. Add the water-yeast mixture and combine well.
- Work the dough by hand for about 5 minutes.
- Leave to rise for about 30 minutes to double size.
- Spread out the dough on a baking tray covered with a baking sheet, forming it into a round flat pizza base – approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- Make the pesto by blending all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Make the cheese. Soak, drain and rinse cashews.
- Place in a food processor, along with lemon juice, salt, and nutritional yeast.
- Pulse for about 1 minute to combine ingredients.
- Add water if needed and process until completely smooth, about 2-4 minutes. Put aside in the fridge until serving. (this goes on the pizza after it's baked)
- Time to assemble the pizza. Spread out an even layer of pesto and top with slices of raw Hokkaido pumpkin. Use a mandolin and cut the slices thin. You can cut some extra pumpkin and roast separately in the oven if you want some extra pumpkin on your pizza.
- Bake the pizza in the middle of the oven for 20-22 minutes.
- Add the raw cheese, chopped pistachios, and avocado (and extra pumpkin-optional) on your pizza before serving.