Ready for a summer in Santorini? Well not literally, but with these recipes, you can at least get a taste of what it would be like to be on a fantastic vacation in Santorini. They are the perfect recipes to make as summer comes to a close to hold on to those last few moments. These vegan Greek recipes are super delicious and will impress whoever is eating with you!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
Source: Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
2. Greek Avocado Toast
Source: Greek Avocado Toast
Avocados are among the fruit and vegetables that Greece exports, and most of the cultivation is in the southern Aegean island of Crete. Here’s a Greek twist on the classic avocado toast breakfast with tomatoes, olives, lemon juice, and – of course – olive oil, which Homer called ‘liquid gold’. You have to try this Greek Avocado Toast by The Greek Vegetarian Cookbook, Heather Thomas!
Get the Summer Cookbook!
3. Falafel With Tzatziki Sauce
Source: Falafel With Tzatziki Sauce
There is nothing better than freshly made pita bread. Soft and pillowy and freshly warm. Pair it with a delicious falafel recipe, tzatziki sauce, and some fresh veggies and you got yourself the perfect vegan greek gyro. You will love Taavi Moore‘s Falafel With Tzatziki Sauce!
4. Greek Lemon Herb Tofu Naanwiches
Source: Greek Lemon Herb Tofu Naanwiches
These vegan Greek Lemon Herb Tofu Naanwiches by Allie Penner are inspired by Greek chicken souvlaki. Crispy lemon-herb baked tofu, tzatziki, hummus, and Greek kale salad are loaded onto naan bread for the ultimate hearty summer meal.
5. Greek-Style Spaghetti Squash
Source: Greek-Style Spaghetti Squash
This recipe is traditionally made with pasta, this gluten-free variation uses spaghetti squash instead of noodles. Mediterranean-style herbs, caramelized onion, and good-quality olives make this an amazingly flavorful meal. Spaghetti squash is a versatile low-calorie vegetable that supplies complex carbohydrates needed to fuel long runs, hard workouts, and other intense training sessions. A dish like this one is also an excellent choice as part of a post-workout recovery meal. The body’s muscles and other tissues need to be replenished with carbohydrates paired with some protein; the combination of fiber-rich vegetables and easy-to-digest lentils is a perfect option due to its overall nutritional package.
6. Rice with Olives and Basil
Source: Rice with Olives and Basil
Kalamata olives are grown in Greece. They have a dark purple color and a soft texture. In most grocery stores, they are sold in jars packed in either brine or olive oil, and they come both whole and pitted. They taste excellent in this Rice with Olives and Basil by Kelly Jaggers!
Excerpted from The Everything® Mediterranean Instant Pot® Cookbook by Kelly Jaggers. Copyright © 2020 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Adams Media, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
7. Green Beans a la Polita
Source: Green Beans a la Polita
8. Roasted Greek Cauliflower Wraps With Hummus
Make these easy Roasted Greek Cauliflower Wraps With Hummus by Let’s Talk Vegan for a healthy protein-packed lunch. Made with homemade hummus, lemony cauliflower, and fresh crisp veggies. The cucumber, red pepper, spring mix greens, and kalamata olives add loads of fresh Mediterranean flavors to this wrap, while the balsamic vinegar gives it a nice punch.
9. Greek Salad With Homemade Feta Cheese
The Greek Salad is a typical recipe of the cuisine of Greece that is made with the typical ingredients of this country and the Mediterranean diet in general. The basis of this rich and easy salad is tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, pepper, olives, and feta cheese. Traditionally it is seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano. This Greek Salad With Homemade Feta Cheese by Yana Christyakova is amazing.
10. Greek Mushroom Pita Sandwich
Source: Greek Mushroom Pita Sandwich
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.