This recipe is a twist on the traditional Greek recipe of Artichokes a la Polita! This recipe uses green beans instead, but it turns out just as delicious!
Green Beans a la Polita [Vegan]
- 1.90 cups green beans
- 1.5 cups potatoes, coarsely chopped
- .85 cups carrots, in cubes
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- fennel, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat the 3 tbsp. oil and lightly sauté the onion, carrot and garlic.
- Then add the fennel and beans, stir and pour hot water (not to cover them, it is better to add water later).
- Bring to the boil over medium heat. Add the lemon.
- At the end, season with salt and pepper and add the rest of the oil.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the dish's liquid from the pan and combine it with the flour to thicken. Pour mixture into the pan and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!