Every holiday feast needs some veggies! You could always go for a classic tray of roasted veggies or you could get a little more creative. Stuffing your veggies is a great way to make your veggie dishes feel a little fancier! There are so many possibilities and flavor combinations to try. Plus, they make great plant-based entrees or appetizers – depending on the size. If you’re looking for some stuffed vegetable recipe inspiration, you’ve come to the right place. From vegetable-stuffed baked eggplant to pesto and olive-stuffed mushrooms, these stuffed veggie recipes are delicious!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Vegetable-Stuffed Baked Eggplant
Source: Vegetable-Stuffed Baked Eggplant
The eggplant halves in this recipe are roasted in the oven until brown and stuffed with a mixture of lightly seasoned quinoa, sautéed mushrooms, and other vegetables. It’s easy to make, but the results are amazing! Don’t limit yourself to the grains and vegetables in the recipe for the stuffing — any vegetables that you use will do! Experiment with different mixtures and enjoy a delicious Vegetable-Stuffed Baked Eggplant by Judy Moosmueller!
2. Superpower Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Four huge roasted peppers are stuffed with veggies and spices. Line them up in a casserole for a Southwestern-style meal you won’t soon forget. You can soak the cashews the night before so you can dive right into the preparation. These Superpower Stuffed Poblano Peppers by High Protein Vegan, Ginny McMeans are so delicious!
3. Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Feta
These Stuffed Mushrooms With Almond Feta by Nikki and Zuzana make a great starter or party snack, but they can also be paired with a big green salad for a filling plant-based meal. A mix of veggies, oats, and herbs make up the flavorful stuffing. Top it off with some almond feta and you got one delicious meal!
Winter Cookbook: Heartwarming Plant-Based Recipes for the Cooler Months
As the seasons change and the weather gets chillier, there is truly nothing better than spending time in the kitchen with loved ones while cooking up cozy, soul-warming, home-cooked plant-based meals. This vegan winter cookbook includes 75 stunning vegan recipes with amazing photos! With this cookbook, you’ll find countless comforting recipes to inspire you and help you make the most of winter’s abundant variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables! This cookbook features warm and comforting plant-based recipes like Pasta with Creamy Chestnut Pesto and Mushroom Bisque With Cashew Cream, festive sweets like Glazed Cinnamon Bun Cookies and Caramel Topped Gingersnap Brownies, and Roasted Winter Vegetable Bowls with Couscous, Romesco Sauce, and Tahini Drizzle, this cookbook offers everything you need to create a stunning winter spread!
4. Bharli Baingan (Stuffed Eggplant Curry)
Bharli Baingan is a Maharashtrian version of baby eggplants stuffed with fresh coconut, peanuts, and spices. Serve Pavani Nandula‘s Bharli Baingan (Stuffed Eggplant Curry) with roti or rice and dal for a filling and delicious meal.
5. Stuffed Peppers
Source: Stuffed Peppers
These Stuffed Peppers by Hannah Sunderani are healthy and satiating, vibrant, and flavorful. And these Stuffed Peppers are perfect for when you need an easy weeknight dinner that you can whip together effortlessly.
6. Stuffed Artichokes
Source: Stuffed Artichokes
7. Pesto and Olive Stuffed Mushrooms
These incredible, simple Pesto and Olive Stuffed Mushrooms by Evi Oravecz make a great starter, main, or snack. They are easy to make yet they taste stunning! The mushrooms are filled with savory olive paste, cool walnut-basil pesto, scallions, and parsley to make them irresistible.
8. Red Onion Stuffed With Cheese and Vegetables
This onion stuffed with cheese and veggies is the perfect mix between comfort food and the kind of food that will fill you up after a long day at work. This Red Onion Stuffed With Cheese and Vegetables by Valentina Chiappa is so good!
9. BBQ Jackfruit-Stuffed Anaheim Peppers
Jackfruit simmered in a hickory BBQ sauce, then stuffed inside Anaheim peppers. This sweet but spicy dinner idea is bursting with flavor. These BBQ Jackfruit-Stuffed Anaheim Peppers by Let’s Talk Vegan are a vegan favorite!
10. Round Zucchini Stuffed With Buckwheat and Lentils
This Round Zucchini Stuffed With Buckwheat and Lentils by Lenia Patsi is a tasty version of a traditional dish, which is very nutritious and high in protein! Instead of rice, this recipe uses buckwheat and extra lentils!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.