This onion stuffed with cheese and veggies is the perfect mix between a comfort food and the kind of food that will really fill you up after a long day at work. So good!
Red Onion Stuffed With Cheese and Vegetables [Vegan]
- 4 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of any kind of vegan cheese that melts
- 1 bunch of basil and parsley
- whole sea salt pepper
- pepper to taste
- chickpea flour
- sesame seed to taste as needed
- Peel the onions and boil them for 8 minutes in lightly salted water, drain and dig them, keeping the pulp to one side.Place them upside down on a piece of kitchen paper to make them lose excess water.
- Cut the carrots and the inside of the onions into cubes and brown them for 5 minutes with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, adding a little salt.
- Chop basil and parsley with a knife.
- In a bowl mix the vegan cheese cut into small pieces with carrots and onion, the aromatic and peppery herbs.
- Add enough chickpea flour to make a mixture that is not too soft and fill the previously emptied onions with this.
- Sprinkle the surface of the onions with sesame seeds and place them in a baking dish brushed with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven at 360ºF until golden brown.