This onion stuffed with cheese and veggies is the perfect mix between a comfort food and the kind of food that will really fill you up after a long day at work. So good!
Red Onion Stuffed With Cheese and Vegetables [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Red Onion Stuffed With Cheese and Vegetables [Vegan]
- 4 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of any kind of vegan cheese that melts
- 1 bunch of basil and parsley
- whole sea salt pepper
- pepper to taste
- chickpea flour
- sesame seed to taste as needed
How to Prepare Red Onion Stuffed With Cheese and Vegetables [Vegan]
- Peel the onions and boil them for 8 minutes in lightly salted water, drain and dig them, keeping the pulp to one side.Place them upside down on a piece of kitchen paper to make them lose excess water.
- Cut the carrots and the inside of the onions into cubes and brown them for 5 minutes with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, adding a little salt.
- Chop basil and parsley with a knife.
- In a bowl mix the vegan cheese cut into small pieces with carrots and onion, the aromatic and peppery herbs.
- Add enough chickpea flour to make a mixture that is not too soft and fill the previously emptied onions with this.
- Sprinkle the surface of the onions with sesame seeds and place them in a baking dish brushed with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven at 360ºF until golden brown.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.