These incredible, simple pesto and olive stuffed mushrooms make a great starter, main, or snack. They are easy to make yet they taste stunning! The mushrooms are filled with savory olive paste, cool walnut-basil pesto, scallions, and parsley to make them absolutely irresistible.
Pesto and Olive Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 8 medium mushrooms (14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive paste or 20 black olives
- 2 scallions
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of basil
- 1 cup of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 355°F. Wash mushrooms, break off stems and place mushrooms on a baking tray. Chop stems, parsley and scallions finely and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add olive paste (or about 20 black olives), juice of a lime, walnuts, basil, garlic, and olive oil to a food processor and blend it all together. You can leave it a bit rustic and choppy, if you prefer. Add the mixture to the chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the filling, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve warm with herbs and a green salad.