These incredible, simple pesto and olive stuffed mushrooms make a great starter, main, or snack. They are easy to make yet they taste stunning! The mushrooms are filled with savory olive paste, cool walnut-basil pesto, scallions, and parsley to make them absolutely irresistible.
Pesto and Olive Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pesto and Olive Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 8 medium mushrooms (14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive paste or 20 black olives
- 2 scallions
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of basil
- 1 cup of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Pesto and Olive Stuffed Mushrooms [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 355°F. Wash mushrooms, break off stems and place mushrooms on a baking tray. Chop stems, parsley and scallions finely and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add olive paste (or about 20 black olives), juice of a lime, walnuts, basil, garlic, and olive oil to a food processor and blend it all together. You can leave it a bit rustic and choppy, if you prefer. Add the mixture to the chopped vegetables and mix well.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the filling, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve warm with herbs and a green salad.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.