A tasty and simple dish that requires few ingredients!
Stuffed Artichokes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Stuffed Artichokes [Vegan]
- 7 ounces of borlotti beans (weighed, already cooked)
- 4 carrots
- 4 large artichokes
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 piece of leek
- sea salt to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- gluten-free rice breadcrumbs to taste
- nutritional yeast to taste
- black pepper to taste
- new potatoes to taste
- vegetable broth to taste
How to Prepare Stuffed Artichokes [Vegan]
- Clean the artichokes by removing the more leathery outer leaves and the stem, dig them in the center with a scoop and soak them in cold water and lemon. Prepare a diced celery carrot and leek and fry them in oil with a little salt. After a few minutes add the beans.
- Then blend with the tomato paste and tahini. Add breadcrumbs just enough to obtain a fairly firm mixture and add tamari soy sauce and pepper to your taste.
- Drain the artichokes, roll them by pressing them lightly on the cutting board, then gently open the center with your hands. Stuff the artichokes with the filling with the help of a teaspoon, sprinkle with flaky yeast and put them in a pan greased with oil. Fill the empty spaces in the pot with the potatoes cut into wedges, pour boiling broth until the bottom is covered for a couple of cm and put the lid on.
- Cook over low heat until the artichokes are tender and the potatoes cooked. If necessary during cooking, add more broth.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.