The eggplant halves in this recipe are roasted in the oven until brown and then stuffed with a mixture of lightly seasoned quinoa, sautéed mushrooms, and other vegetables. It's easy to make, but the results are amazing! Don't limit yourself to the grains and vegetables in the recipe for the stuffing — any vegetables you use will do! Experiment with different mixtures and enjoy.
Vegetable-Stuffed Baked Eggplant [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Vegetable-Stuffed Baked Eggplant [Vegan]
- 4 eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/2 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tomato
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Black olives
- Fresh thyme and oregano
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Topping:
How to Prepare Vegetable-Stuffed Baked Eggplant [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the eggplants in half, leaving the tops on, and score the surface of the flesh with a knife.
- Place face-up on a baking tray up, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Gently fry the onions, garlic, mushrooms, all other vegetables, and quinoa until golden brown.
- Remove the flesh from the roasted eggplants and stuff with the vegetable mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil, return to oven for a final five minutes, until crispy brown.
- Sprinkle with toppings to your liking and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.