This dish is a tasty version of a traditional dish, which is very nutritious and high in protein! Instead of rice, this recipe uses buckwheat and extra lentils!
Round Zucchini Stuffed With Buckwheat and Lentils [Vegan]
- 5 large round zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 500g potatoes
- 100g buckwheat
- 100g lentils
- 2 peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 300 g tomato, pressed
- 4 + 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- mint, parsley, basil, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Boil the buckwheat and the lentils separately and be careful not to soften them too much. Let them cool down. In a large bowl put the boiled buckwheat and strained lentils. Add the onion, garlic, peppers, herbs and stir.
- Cut the lids from the vegetables, put them aside and "dig" them with a teaspoon to take out their flesh. Chop it and add it to the bowl with the buckwheat. Salt and pepper, pour 3 tablespoons oil and crushed tomato.
- Place the vegetables in a pyrex/pan and fill them with the filling. Cover with lids. In a bowl, put the chopped potatoes, water, remaining oil, fresh oregano, salt and pepper and mix. Add them to the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 90 minutes!