Chocolate + coffee = an iconic duo. Mochas are such a fun treat to have in place of a simple cup of coffee in the morning. The flavor combo is also perfect for so many different kinds of treats: ice cream, frosting, cookies – the list goes on. Craving mocha? Check out these 15 delectably dairy-free mocha recipes!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Cranberry Cupcakes with Mocha Buttercream
2. Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie
Source: Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie
This Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie by Allie Penner is luxurious and energizing. Make this an afternoon pick-me-up the next time you need a boost! A healthy, energizing smoothie recipe with peanut butter, cocoa, and coffee!
Get the Love Cookbook!
3. No-Bake Mocha Tarts
Source: No-Bake Mocha Tarts
4. Mocha Nice Cream
Source: Mocha Nice Cream
5. Mocha Caramel Ice Cream With Almonds and Dark Chocolate Chunks
This luscious Mocha Caramel Ice Cream With Almonds and Dark Chocolate Chunks by Larice Feuerstein is smooth, rich, and chocolatey. Despite all this decadence, it is free from dairy and refined sugars, obtaining its perfect sweet, caramel flavor only with dates.
6. Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies
Source: Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies
These Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies by Taavi Moore will take you back to the good ol’ days of getting decadent chocolate coffee ice cream studded with chunks of almonds and chocolate brownie chunks. Now you get to have this delicious frozen treat, but in healthy cookie form…it’s revolutionary. A rich chocolate cookie with hints of coffee. Gooey chocolate chunks and chunks of almond. 100% gluten-free and vegan. Serve these Jamocha Almond Fudge Cookies at a party. They’ll impress your guests and disappear fast. Chocolatey, fudgy, chewy, gooey…do you need any more convincing?
7. No-Bake Mocha Doughnuts With Chocolate Frosting
These No-Bake Mocha Doughnuts With Chocolate Frosting by Caroline Doucet are made with nuts, dates, oats, and other wholesome ingredients. They’re made in the food processor in under 30 minutes and are topped with a simple frosting and shredded coconut.
8. Blender Mocha Cashew Latte
Source: Blender Mocha Cashew Latte
This Blender Mocha Cashew Latte by Caroline Doucet is such a comforting and delicious drink for the fall. It is made creamy thanks to cashews and is sweetened with dates! It makes for a perfectly cozy, yet nutritious drink during the colder months. As with most cashew latte recipes, you do need a good blender to get the creamy finish. If your blender is on the weaker side, you may have some small date and cashew pieces floating in your drink. You don’t want that. Your options: You can try soaking your cashews overnight and letting your dates soak in boiling water for 5 minutes. You can also strain the latte using a fine-mesh sieve before drinking. Also, if you’re not a fan of dates, you can easily use maple syrup instead, to taste. Finally, feel free to adjust the flavors to taste. Add more or less cocoa or sweetener as needed. Feel free to adjust this recipe to your liking!
9. Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Source: Peppermint Mocha Cookies
Love peppermint? Love mocha? Try this combination that blends these two flavors into one delicious, irresistible bite-size snack and dessert. These Peppermint Mocha Cookies by Ashely Flitter are so tasty!
10. Mocha Chocolate Brownie Bites
Source: Mocha Chocolate Brownie Bites
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.