Blueberry pie: a sweet and delicious dessert that deserves its own special day. We’re celebrating the best way we know how by finding these 10 amazing recipes on our Food Monster App for you to whip up for the holiday. Let’s get baking!
1. Blueberry Hand Pies With a Flaky Crust
Source: Blueberry Hand Pies With a Flaky Crust
In this Blueberry Hand Pies With a Flaky Crust recipe from Caitlin and Riley Gladney-Hatcher, sweet, gooey blueberries fill a deliciously flaky and slightly sweet hand pie crust. They’re an amazing breakfast when warmed just a little bit, or even for dessert, with a drizzle of cashew frosting. These portable pillows of joy and plump, juicy blueberries are so good that you’ll want to make them daily.
2. Currant and Berry Tart With Date Caramel
Source: Currant and Berry Tart With Date Caramel
In this recipe, you’ll discover how to bake a Currant and Berry Tart With Date Caramel from Laine Rudolfa that’s wholesome, gluten-free, crisp, and very delicious. This vegan berry tart has the simplest crust ever (and no chilling required!). It’s made from naturally gluten-free oat flour. This tart is naturally sweetened with date caramel and bananas (for some extra sweetness you can add maple syrup!).
3. Raw Blueberry Pie
Source: Raw Blueberry Pie
If you thought you had to bake your pies, think again. This Raw Blueberry Pie from Amanda Nicole Smith is all you could ever ask for. It has a crispy crust and a sweet blueberry filling that would pair perfectly with a generous scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.
4. Plum Blueberry Pie With Cardamom and Lime
Source: Plum Blueberry Pie With Cardamom and Lime
This Plum Blueberry Pie With Cardamom and Lime from Courtney West is a little, humble, purple pie of joy. It’s gluten-free, vegan, and sure to impress any guests you have over. This pie can be big enough to share with a cool friend or small enough to have all for yourself (no judgments here).
5. Blueberry and Basil Mini Pies
Source: Blueberry and Basil Mini Pies
These baby Blueberry and Basil Mini Pies from Genevieve Yam make a great breakfast, brunch, and are also a delicious afternoon pick-me-up. They’re sweet, but not too sweet thanks to fresh basil and they’re perfectly portioned so you always have just the right amount of pie. These mini pies are so easy to make that they’ll become your new go-to for any time you need to bring something along to parties and potlucks.
6. Vanilla Bean Blueberry Peach Hand Pies
Source: Vanilla Bean Blueberry and Peach Hand Pies
These adorable little Vanilla Bean Blueberry and Peach Hand Pies from Leah Moldowan are stuffed with peaches, blueberries, and fragrant vanilla beans. What could be better than a pie you can hold in your hand?
7. Wild Blueberry and Raspberry Pie
Source: Wild Blueberry and Raspberry Pie
This Wild Blueberry and Raspberry Pie from Valentina Chiappa is refreshing, healthy, and naturally sweet! Make this pie to fit a whole lot of extra fruit into your diet!
8. Blueberry Crumble Pie With Shortbread Crust
Source: Blueberry Crumble Pie With Shortbread Crust
Baked to golden brown perfection. This Blueberry Crumble Pie With Shortbread Crust from Heather Poire is a dessert and for some, this is breakfast. So don’t feel guilty if you want a slice or two in the morning- embrace it! Or you can call it a coffee cake-inspired pie if that makes you feel better.
9. Frozen Blueberry Tart
Source: Frozen Blueberry Tart
Floral, salty, crunchy, icy, juicy, fruity, creamy, minty, and maple-y. This Frozen Blueberry Tart from Quelcy Kogel is all of those elements in one bite! It’s easy to make, can be made the night before a gathering, and when garnished with a mound of fresh berries and mint, it’s quite the show-stopper! After you make this tart once, you’ll be inspired to create it using different fruits and flavors.
10. Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
source: Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
Pie? Ice cream? Pie in ice cream?! Wait, wait, wait. Isn’t this the kind of stuff dreams are made of? Paleo-ers and Vegans can eat this Blueberry Pie Ice Cream from Emma D’Alessandro, and there is hardly any sweetener at all! Just a few dates. We all need a date once in a while.
Need more berry recipes? Check out 15 Brilliant Blueberry Recipes Perfect for Summer Treats and 15 Recipes Using The Decadent Combination of Chocolate and Berries!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!