These adorable little hand pies are stuffed with peaches, blueberries, and fragrant vanilla beans. What could possibly be better than a pie you can hold in your hand?
Vanilla Bean Blueberry Peach Hand Pies [Vegan]
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1/4 cup ice water, plus extra if needed
- 1 peach, diced
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod scrapings
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Add the flour, salt, and coconut sugar to a large bowl. Using a fork, cut the coconut oil into the flour. Mix in the applesauce.
- Begin to add the water in slowly, just until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove from fridge and let warm up on the counter for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the peach, blueberries, vanilla bean, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Dust a clean surface with flour. It makes it easier if you work the dough in batches. So with half the dough, roll it to about an 1/8 inch thick. Use a large-ish round cookie cutter, small bowl, or a jar lid to cut the dough into rounds. I got eight rounds.
- Lay the dough rounds on the parchment lined tray. Place a spoonful of the filling in the middle of each round, fold one side over, and press the edges together with a fork.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before enjoying!