In this recipe, you’ll discover how to bake a vegan berry tart that’s wholesome, gluten-free, crisp, and very delicious. This vegan berry tart has the simplest crust ever (and no chilling required!). It’s made from oat flour which is naturally gluten-free. This tart is naturally sweetened with date caramel and bananas (for some extra sweetness you can add maple syrup!).
Currant and Berry Tart With Date Caramel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Currant and Berry Tart With Date Caramel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (make your own by grinding regular oats)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- A pinch of Himalayan salt or sea salt
For the Filling:
- 10 juicy, pitted dates (soak them in water if they’re too dry)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup mixed fresh blackcurrant and redcurrant berries (you can also use raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or gooseberries)
- Couple of fresh peppermint leaves for decoration (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons
How to Prepare Currant and Berry Tart With Date Caramel [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Prepare the crust by combining the oat flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl. Then add the coconut oil and water, mix well using your hands until the dough starts coming together.
- Press the dough into a lightly greased 6-inch cake or tart pan. Press it up the sides as well so you have the space for the filling. Prick the crust with a fork. Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes and set aside.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the date caramel. Place the dates into a blender and blend until you get a smooth mixture. Add a bit of water if necessary. If your dates are extra juicy and soft like mine were, you can mash them with a fork.
- Spread the date caramel on the top of the pre-baked crust. Then add a layer of sliced banana. If you’re using maple syrup, mix it with the berries and spread on top of banana layer.
- Bake the tart for 25 minutes until the crust is golden and berries are juicy. Decorate with fresh peppermint leaves.
Per Serving: Calories: 517 | Carbs: 99 g | Fat: 13 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 50 mg | Sugar: 56 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.