Chef AJ follows the advice of Dr. John McDougall and eats complex carbs, plant-based, meals low in nuts and oils. She focuses on a plant-based diet to hit her weight loss goals and overcome food addiction.
First, Chef AJ recommends reducing her nut intake, instead opting for whole grains, squash, potatoes, squash, root vegetables and carrots. “Potatoes are one of the most satisfying foods in the world,” says Chef AJ, “and more nutrient-dense then people realize.”
- Perfectly Comforting Potato Recipes Everyone at the Table Will Love!
- 15 Vegan Recipes For the True Potato Lover
- 15 Yummy Seasonal Recipes Using Carrots!
- 15 Squash Recipes for the Fall
- Crispy Potato Bites
She also recommends reducing fats and nuts to lose weight, “I was losing a pound a week by not eating nuts and eating more complex carbs, and food with fewer calories.” She cooks many meals without oil and recommends reducing oil in salad dressings and sauteeing vegetables in vegetable broth or steaming them with lemon juice. You can also roast vegetables in the oven without adding oil.
- Low-Fat Silken Tofu Omelet
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: LOW-FAT MENU
- The Best Low Fat Vegan Meal and Snack Picks for Athletes
- Oil-Free Chili Lime Spiked Corn Chips
- Nut-Free Thai Noodles
- Don’t Go Nuts! These 15 Vegan Recipes are Nut-Free and Delicious
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plans: NUT-FREE RECIPES
You can watch the podcast, below!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!