Roasted root vegetables – cooked in coconut milk, and topped with salty, crunchy macadamia nuts, these are so sweet, creamy and delicious that you will get addicted! You may even skip the Thanksgiving pie! It’s also really easy to put together – there is no cooking, except for chopping a bunch of root vegetables.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Coconut Milk and Macadamia Nuts [Vegan]
- 3-4 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 2-3 yams
- 1 cup chopped kabocha pumpkin, or butternut squash
- 5-6 whole garlic cloves slightly smashed
- 1/2 cup or more macadamia nuts
- coconut milk - 1 can or more
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- cinnamon (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Chop all veggies into bite size pieces.
- Put veggies and garlic cloves in a roasting pan with coconut oil and coconut milk - they should not be covered in milk, just add half an inch at the bottom
- Roast at 400°F for 40-50 minutes, stirring them occasionally until they are soft, and creamy, and the coconut milk has reduced and thickened.
- Remove from oven and top with salted, toasted macadamia nuts.
- Optionally add a pinch of cinnamon, and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.